Friday, April 7, 2017

*REVIEW* Backhand by Elise Faber



5 Stars from Sassy Southern Girl Rebecca

Mike Stewart is a defenseman for the San Francisco Gold and is known to be a bad boy. When he runs into his high school girlfriend Sara he thinks maybe he can turn his life around and get that second chance with her that he has always wanted.

Sara Jetty is an artist and a former competitive figure skater who is no longer allowed to compete for the US. She is trying to find her place outside of the press and in the shadows where she can stick to herself. Running into Mike was not part of her plan.

When Mike and Sara reconnect they both have demons in their pasts that they are needing to overcome yet neither has fully gotten over the other from when they were together years ago.

Will Mike convince Sara to give him a chance? But as Mike tries to move forward will his own past sabotage the future and what will Mike be willing to give up once the press discovers Sara?

Wow!! This is the first book I have read by Elise Faber and it certainly will not be my last.

I wish I had read book 1, Blocked, first as I never saw Mike as a bad boy at all in this book and right from the beginning I thought he was an absolutely amazing guy. I loved how protective he was over Sara and that he had no idea at all what she had been through in the time they were apart. I loved how he remembered all of her favourite things and really wanted her to know how special she was to him.

I felt so bad for Sara through most of the book. I felt right from the book she was accused of things wrongly and I was sad that she had absolutely no one on her side helping her through everything. I was shocked at what happened with her ex-boyfriend Leo Tomskoi and how the fight just went out of her completely after that. She had no faith in herself or her talent and I can't imagine going through what she went through.

I liked how Mike slowly was able to get through to Sara and how he was able to introduce her to some of the hockey wives who were able to support her. I was completely shocked at the twist and to learn the truth about everything. I can not believe how evil some people can be and why that person would do what they did.

I can't wait to read more in this series as I am completely hooked!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Title: Devious Beloved Author: T.L. Smith Genre: Fake Marriage/Enemies-to-Lovers Release Date: April 23, 2024 Cover Design: R...