Thursday, January 11, 2018

*REVIEW* of Almost by Danielle Norman



REVIEW from Sassy Southern Girl - Victoria

3 stars
So, the first book in this series was great-amazing even, so I was excited to dive into book number 2 in the Iron Orchards series. I do have to admit this book fell flat compared to book 1, and it seemed as though the story was very “piecy” and rushed-yet so drawn out in hopes of simply keeping the readers entertained.
It wasn’t easy connecting with Sophie or Carter, and most of the time I had to question their ages because of the immaturity. All and all, I think this author has already proven she can write a great contemporary romance novel, and with that being said I think that if she just developed situations a bit more instead of relying solely on Sophie’s running and her secret, we could have bumped up the star rating on this book. The author did leave some loose ends that I wish were tied together-which hopefully will be in book 3? I think book 3 would be promising, because I know this author is talented, and will learn from her issues in book 2.  I’m looking forward to reading it, if she does publish a third book! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Title: Silence (The Reaper Chronicles, Book Five) Author: Apryl Baker Genre: YA Paranormal Cover Designer: Deranged Doctor Designs Publish...