Thursday, January 18, 2018

*REVIEW* An Uphill Battle by LK Farlow


REVIEW from Sassy Southern Girl - Alisa

4 Stars

An Uphill Battle was a fun fast read for me.  I didn't realize that this was the second book in a standalone series but now I really need to go one click book 1 ASAP!  While I think this book worked great as a standalone I think I would have loved it even more had I read book 1 first since these characters are so amazing.  

There were definitely moments that made me want to grab a hold of Azalea and Drake to shake some sense into them but that is kind of what made the story much more fun.  Even their friends didn't help stop some of the crazy misunderstandings that were going on between them but since I really enjoyed all of the characters they just added to how much I liked this story.  

Both Drake and Azalea are under the assumption that the other one is only interested in using the other for a good time and nothing more.  The problem is that both of them actually have real feelings for the other one and just never seriously talk about it.  This makes for some pretty interesting moments between the two of them as well as some super steamy ones since their chemistry is off the charts.  Right when I thought things were going to happen for them an old flame pops back up and throws a wrench in the system.  Things aren't always what they seem though and there are a few surprises around the corner.  

A must read book for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Title: Devious Beloved Author: T.L. Smith Genre: Fake Marriage/Enemies-to-Lovers Release Date: April 23, 2024 Cover Design: R...