Wednesday, May 23, 2018

*REVIEW* Midlife Crisis by L.B. Dunbar

REVIEW from Sassy Southern Girl - Alisa

4 Stars

What a fun, steamy, and very emotional read.  I didn't realize that this was actually book 2 in the series of silver fox, former rock stars until after I finished.  It was definitely able to be read as a standalone, but I know that I would have enjoyed it even more had I read book 1 first.  

Midlife Crisis had me feeling so many emotions throughout the story.  Midge is a divorced mom of 3 boys trying to do the best that she can.  Always saying yes to volunteering for the many school events her boys are apart of, has her feeling as though she is being pulled in too may directions with no time for herself.  Finally feeling as though she just can't take much more she reaches out to talk to someone at the local crisis center.  What she didn't bargain for was who would be on the other end of the line when she called.  

Hank Paige is a former rock star who spends his time fixing cars in his brothers shop.  When he meets Midge at a friends party he is happy to see that she is unaware of his past.  Wanting to be known for who he is now and not for who he was has Hank wanting more from Midge than just a one night stand.  

I loved these characters and really enjoyed the other characters in the story as well.  I wanted to know what was going on with all of them since they were all so amazing.  I also loved how the book was written in both Midge and Hank's points of view.  There were several moments that had me wanting to shake some sense into Hank and had me on the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen with them.  

This was a must read book for sure.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Title: Devious Beloved Author: T.L. Smith Genre: Fake Marriage/Enemies-to-Lovers Release Date: April 23, 2024 Cover Design: R...