Monday, May 21, 2018

*REVIEW* Mrs. February by Karen Cimms

REVIEW from Sassy Southern - Rebecca

4 Stars

This is the second book in the series and book one, Miss February needs to be read first.
Rain Storm Holgate has finally married the man she loves, Chase, and they have her daughter and their son.
As much as they are still madly in love with each other, Chase is still insecure when it comes to Rain and is insanely jealous when it comes to his beautiful wife. When several incidents occur, Chase jumps to conclusions and makes a decision with dire results.
Will Chase and Rain give up the love they have worked so hard to attain or will they give up on each other?
This was such an emotional book about love, marriage, jealousy, and trust.
I loved Rain through the whole book and even though she made some difficult decisions she did everything out of love and trying to get ahead in her life with Chase. She didn’t do anything on purpose to incite Chase’s jealousy and was always trying to do the right thing for her family and she truly put up with a lot from Chase. Through the book Rain continued to be the bigger person and I was blown away about how grown up she was, especially when dealing with the kids. I loved a few of her actions that got Chase thinking what he was missing.
So at first I really liked Chase and then the way he was acting with his jealousy just completely turned me off and I wound up hating him for most of the book. I was just so mad at him for his completely selfish actions and when the one really big incident occurred he never even listened to Rain to hear the truth as she had no idea what even happened. Then as the book went on my hate for him grew more and more and I was so mad at what he proceeded to do with his life.
My heart broke with what was happening around Zac and I felt so bad for what Rain was going through on her own. I jumped for joy when things got resolved.
So I really had mixed reviews at the end of the book. I was glad that Rain got what she really wanted but I truly felt Chase did not deserve any forgiveness for his actions.

This was a good book but I was a little mad at the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Running From the AIs Kevin Coleman (A Gaia’s World Novel) Publication date: April 25th 2024 Genres: Adult, Fantasy, Science Fictio...