Monday, March 20, 2017

*REVIEW* Cards From Khloe's Flower Shop


3 Stars

Khloe Harper is 31 years old and the owner of her own flower shop business which is beginning to become busier. Her life is going well except for in the love department as she is still jaded from her ex-boyfriend Josh cheating on her. Yet when a handsome man, Derek Thomas, comes into the shop to order flowers could her luck be turning around?

Gabriella Lewis is 65 years old and her husband, Charlie, recently passed away. Gabriella gets the courage to join an online dating service which introduces her to Harry Hoffman. Will Gabriella allow herself to fall in love twice?

Connie Albright is tired of being made of fun of for her weight and "frumpiness". She begins to send herself flowers at work once a week from a man named Walt Goldman in order to gain the respect of her fellow co-workers, especially Nicola and Mia. Yet when Connie actually meets a man who is everything she wants will her past secrets explode and force her to lose any chance of happiness?

I liked this book and although the three ladies lives revolve in and out of Khloe's flower shop each lady has her own story to tell. I thought it was interesting how all three ladies slept with their respective men so fast with some of the trust issues that a couple had.

I liked Khloe and understood why she had a hard trusting Derek with her past with Josh. Derek was keeping things from Khloe and I understood why she was so upset, yet at the same time the two just met. I could definitely see all the sides but this book has everyone jumping into bed so fast that it's no wonder there were some trust issues. I loved Sandra, Khloe's best friend and employee. She definitely earned her pay this book!

I think Gabriella was my favourite as she knew how limited time was and once she realized how much she cared about Harry she went for it. She felt like Charlie was good with her moving on and being happy and this character was completely drama free.

I think part of me could definitely relate to Connie the most with her self-esteem issues and trying to be liked. I found it amusing that there was actually someone out there with her made up boyfriends name. I was so mad at Connie for letting the work bullies control so much of her life until she realized what it cost her. I'm glad she was able to turn everything around and start living for herself instead of everyone else. I did love how everything fell into place for her at the end.   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

      Title: Wolf Bitten (The Forbidden Mate Trilogy, 2) Author: Jen L. Grey Genre: Urban Fantasy, PNR Publication Date: April 18, 2024 Host...