Friday, February 24, 2017

*REVIEW* THE AUCTION BY J.R. GRAY

5 Stars

The Auction is the first book by JR Gray that I have read and I was impressed with how well this story was written. First I will say this story is about the BDSM lifestyle but that is not all the book is about. I really enjoyed the chemistry between the two characters, Scotty and Stark. 

Scotty was a submissive and was hurt emotionally by her dominant in the past. Now she is just going through motions of life. It is Christmas Eve and Cheri her best friend invites back to the BDSM Club for just this one night that happens to have an auction going on. Cheri bids on someone for Scotty so that she may help her get over her past. 

Stark very rarely goes out and is only doing this auction for his best friend. Someone has bid on him but leaves before he can meet her in person. Stark has issues of his own to deal with after the death of his wife. He now rarely leaves his apartment so this might be just what he needs to get back into living life.
 
This book had me hooked from the first page and I must admit that I am not usually a big fan of BDSM books but I really enjoyed this one. I felt like there was just more to the story than the BDSM lifestyle. It was about how people have to overcome obstacles and learning to trust again. The only complaint I have about this book is I wished the story would have continue on more. I would love to see exactly how this plays out. This book does not end in a cliffhanger and I would recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Title: Land of Ashes Series: Savage Lands, Book 7 Author: Stacey Marie Brown Release Date: March 27, 2024 Genre: Paranormal Romance, U...