Thursday, May 31, 2018

*REVIEW* Divine Grace by Virginia Cantrell

REVIEW from Sassy Southern - Alisa

5 Stars for both books


Divine Merit (Book 1 in the series)


Wow, this book was unlike any other I have read in a very long time.  The story line had me hooked from the start and the suspense of what was going to happen had me on the edge of my seat from the very beginning.  I loved all of the characters and really enjoyed how the book was written from multiple perspectives so that I was able to get a glimpse at what was happening from many different angles.  

This story follows Princess Amira and her struggle to balance being true to her heart at the same time she is following her duty as princess.  When tragedy strikes and the enemy attacks she must search deep down to find the strength to become the strong leader her kingdom needs.  This book had me feeling so many emotions.  My heart broke for what Amira was going through but other times I was laughing out loud at some of the antics of the other characters.  Full of some serious chemistry between the characters there were some definite hot and steamy moments.  

Leaving me with some unanswered questions I couldn't wait to dive into book 2 in this series to find out what is going to happen next.

Divine Grace (Book 2 in the series)

I seriously loved this book!  If you loved book 1 then get ready to be blown away by book 2.  

My favorite characters are back again and after they way things left off in book 2 I was dying to get my hands on this one.  

This series definitely needs to be read in order because while book 1 was told mostly from Amira and Caeden's points of view with a few others thrown in here and there, book 2 follows the same series of events, but is from Inaya and Trevin's points of view.  I LOVED getting to read this book from the other perspectives to find out what else was going on throughout the story.  While many of the scenes were ones from the first book, I was able to get answers to questions I had and see things from another vantage point.  

The chemistry between Inaya and Trevin was strong in book 1 but really only hinted at, so for them to be the focus of this story I couldn't wait to find out what was going on between the two of them.  Plus, even though I knew some of what was going to happen there were still many surprises that I never saw coming.  My emotions were still taken for a ride because of the thing I learned about Inaya's past, and I got to see a different side to some of the other characters as well.  Still full of comical moments between the members of the royal guard I was laughing one moment and on edge with what was going to happen the next.  

Because of a few questions I still have I am really hoping for a third book in this series.  I am not ready to be done with these characters yet.

A must read book and series for sure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Title: Land of Ashes Series: Savage Lands, Book 7 Author: Stacey Marie Brown Release Date: March 27, 2024 Genre: Paranormal Romance, U...