Friday, May 25, 2018

*REVIEW* Swallow me Whole by Gemma James

REVIEW from Sassy Southern Girl

3 stars
This was a great story line-and the cover is absolutely breathtakingly HOT, but I have to say for a large part of this book felt a bit forced and robotic between he characters. I will absolutely read more from this author, I just think that with Sadie being such a “goodie two shoes” type of girl, it was tough for me to switch gears and just have her ready to submit to her best friends brother-Ashton.
Sadie is trying to break out of her shell and get over her cheating ex, and while drunk, propositions her best friends brother-quite literally under the table of the bar. It was bold, but I actually liked the way the author went with this. From then on, Ashton admitting he is a DOM and craves that just was a bit overboard for me.
Again, I liked this story line, and the friends to lovers trope was definitely sweet and worked for this particular story. Just because the dialogue felt a bit forced to me, doesn’t mean you won’t enjoy this story! I would definitely give it a try if you’re looking for a friends to lovers book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Title: Back Beat Series: Heartbeat #1 Author: Ryleigh Sloan Genre: Contemporary Romance Trope: Coach/Student Release Date:  Septem...